20170223 The Guy R Cook Report B2B Thursday discussion about the difference between Onload time and Fully loaded time on https://gtmetrix.com for pages on the Internet. Very good to know in relation to your pages measurement on tools like GTMETRIX.COM
https://gtmetrix.com/faq.html#faq-fully-loaded-vs-onload explains the difference like this:
- Onload time – is when the processing of the page is complete and all the resources on the page (images, CSS, etc.) have finished downloading.
- This used to be the point where GTmetrix would stop the test and mark as the Page Load Time in the GTmetrix report.
- When should I use Onload time? In general, there’s no real definitive case to prefer Onload time (which is why we defaulted to Fully loaded time), though certain specialized cases might call for it.
- Fully loaded time – is the point after the Onload event fires and there has been no network activity for 2 seconds.
- Essentially, GTmetrix is now waiting until your page stops transferring data before completing a test, resulting in more consistent page load times
- The test will be stopped if the page is still loading 30 seconds after Onload
- Possible issues with using this event: This event fires only when a page completely stops loading content, including ads and below the fold elements. Your site might have loaded fast above the fold and be usable, however since the analysis is now waiting for the entire site to stop loading data, your reported Page Load Time might be longer.
THANKS FOR BEING A PATRON! We thank each and every patron for their support.
Especially relevant, Thank you to Fraser Ramsay from Edinburgh Dusters http://edinburghdusters.co.uk/
Also, thanks to Ileane Smith from BasicBlogTips.com for first sharing about Screencast O Matic a good windows screen recorder
Of course also, thanks to ‘Friends Just Chatting’ the facebook group @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/1022986104447110/
Thank you for listening and please consider a subscription to our YOUTUBE channel for THE GUY R COOK REPORT list via BIT.LY @ http://bit.ly/vdhyoutube
Listen to the latest podcast content under ‘The Guy R Cook Report’ on the following links:
Also, get the feed from Podbean: http://theguyrcookreport.podbean.com/feed/
https://firetalk.com/the-guyrcook-report is the URL for the show LIVE at 7AM PST Monday – Friday
Click the SUBSCRIBE button on Firetalk.com to be notified when The Guy R Cook Report is live again.
The Guy R Cook Report via YouTube For earlier episodes, The Guy R Cook Report playist is on that same channel.
Just post your thoughts or questions to the Facebook page or send a tweet:
Follow The Guy R Cook Report on Facebook
http://eepurl.com/b5NQBX The Guy R Cook Report Newsletter Signup Form
Thanks for listening to
20170223 The Guy R Cook Report B2B Thursday
In conclusion, ‘It’s a wrap’
Guy R Cook Get all the podcast episodes via your cell phone with the podbean mobile app. For Android https://play.google.com/store/ and from the Apple store @ https://itunes.apple.com/ Get the Podbean Podcast Player